Dear Valued Customers,
Warmest greetings from Dagang Net Technologies Sdn Bhd.
UPDATES : IMPLEMENTATION OF PERINTAH DUTI KASTAM (PDK) 2017 - CUSTOMS DUTY ORDER 2017 (PDK 2017 ENFORCEMENT – USER GUIDE)
The attached letter from Royal Malaysia Customs Department is referred:
Royal Malaysia Customs Department had reviewed the current Customs Duty Order 2012 (PDK 2012) to be in line with the tariff codes changes done by the World Customs Organization (WCO) which happens in every five years. This new Customs Duty Order will replace the PDK 2012 currently in use. The new Customs Duty Order will involve the changes in the number of digits from 9 digits to 10 digits as well as the tariff structure.
This Customs Duty Order was gazzetted on 3rd January 2017 and will be fully enforced on 1 April 2017. All declarations for importations and exportations previously used the PDK 2012 and ASEAN Harmonised Tariff Nomenclature 2012 (AHTN 2012) will be replaced with PDK 2017.
PDK 2017 is available at http://www.federalgazette.agc.gov.my/outputp/pua_20170103_P.U.(A)52017.pdf
- As a guideline to the users on the implementation of the PDK 2017, involving the usage of 10 digit tariff codes.
- To ensure on the uniformity of the implementation procedures for PDK 2017 nationwide.
(Declaration, assessment and duty/tax payment processes)
- All declarations submission will be temporarily disabled for two (2) hours from 2200 to 2400 hours on 31 March 2017
- All Customs declarations already received the registered, duty payment and release statuses (regardless whether the consignment is already being physically removed from Customs control or otherwise), will be processed until 2400 hours on 31 March 2017
- All declarations submitted before 1 April 2017, but yet to be approved, the corresponding assessment and release processes are subjected based on the duty rates as per PDK 2017
- All Customs 1 and Customs 9 declarations, submitted on 1 April 2017 and onwards, shall use the PDK 2017 Tariff Code with an exception for declarations involving the Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- For declarations that are using the Tariff Code with FTA, as per Schedule 1, will still be using the current Tariff Codes until the new agreement is being signed and gazzetted. For this purpose, transaction type S – (Importation with preferential tariff) ,and a proper Special Treatment Code for the specific FTA shall be used as below:
Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
Special Treatment Code
|Asean Trade In Goods Agreement (ATIGA)||PDK 2017 (10 digits)||
|Asean –China (ACFTA)||AHTN 2012 ( 10 digits)||
|Asean – Korea (AKFTA)||AHTN 2012 ( 10 digits)||
|Malaysia – Turki (MTFTA)||AHTN 2012 (10 digits)||
|Asean - Australia – New Zealand (AANZFTA)||PDK 2012 (9 digits)||
|Malaysia – Australia (MAFTA)||PDK 2012 (9 digits)||
|Developing 8 Countries (D8) -Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Turkey||PDK 2012 (9 digits)||
|Asean –Japan (AJCEP)||PDK 2007 (9 digits)||
|Malaysia – Japan (MJEPA)||PDK 2007 (9 digits)||
|Malaysia – Pakistan (MPCEPA)||PDK 2007 (9 digits)||
|Malaysia – New Zealand (MNZFTA)||PDK 2007 (9 digits)||
- All Customs 2, Customs 3 and Customs 8 declarations, to be submitted on 1 April 2017 and onwards, shall use PDK 2017 Tariff Codes
- Importation and Exportation permits, STA permits, duty/tax exemptions and Customs Order, issued before 1 April 2017 are still valid and acceptable until their corresponding expiry dates
- Importation and Exportation permits, STA permits using the PDK 2017 can be used for the FTA declarations as per schedule 1
- Certificate of Origin, issued before 1 April 2017 by the country of origin is still valid for the Customs 1 and 9 declarations. Certificate of Origin for export shall use the PDK 2017 Tariff Codes
Implementation procedures for PDK 2017 shall be fully adhered to by all to ensure Customs assessment and release processes at the borders are efficient and uniformly implemented.
For usage of non certified front end software by unauthorized partners, please be reminded of the following possible implications that may incur during implementation of PDK 2017;
- Non compliance to authorities’ latest regulation and requirement
- Possibility of goods being halted at arrival ports resulting in demurrage charges
- Limited support services from Dagang Net Technologies
Thus, all affected users are highly encourage to install only certified front end software’s as listed below;
We shall keep you posted on the latest development with regards to the above implementation from time to time.
For further assistance, please contact Careline at: 1300133133 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org